Monday, November 11, 2013

Smile, it's good for you.

My 3 month old daughter smiles at me when  I'm rocking her to sleep. She will partially open her eyes and will give a big smile. It's one of the greatest feelings in the world. 



As Dads with Swag, we should smile more. To our kids, spouses, family members, in-laws (yes even your in-laws), and extended family (even the ones you can't stand), and coworkers. 

You're having a rough day. Bills are due. Car is acting up. Company is thinking of down sizing. Not your kids fault. Not your spouses fault, or in laws. So smile to them. Especially your kids. They shouldn't have to deal with your stress and worries. Let them be kids. You just got off then phone with your Bank's customer service an they "couldn't help, but understood your frustrations". Keep smiling. It'll only help you and your family. 

Some reasons to smile more: 
Smiling helps reduce stress. When you have less stress your immune system is able to work and produce the antibodies it needs to fight sickness. So you get healthier on top of it. It's like a double down on black jack. Boo-ya!

Smiling create endorphins in your body to help get in you in a better mood. Having a shitty day? Then smile that bitch in the face and just like Jay-Z said "gotta, get, that, dirt off your shoulder". Plus smiling makes haters hate even more. 

Smiling helps you be more productive. Now that sounds corny as shit. Trust me I know. But think about a job or a task you do that you absolutely hate. Me its folding clothes at work. I'm thinking "why the fuck am I doing this? This pile is going to get tossed around like some sorority girls trying to show they can play football any damn way". So it takes me twice as long to accomplish because all I'm doing is cursing my boss in my head. Now think of a job you like to do. Your smiling, dancing (sort of), singing (off key) and that shit gets done in a flash. Just try to put your self in a better mood when you're resubmitting that cover sheet on that TPS report. For all of you who don't get that joke click on the link below. For all of those who do. Good job being awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fy3rjQGc6lA&sns=em

Now it's not difficult to smile. That sounds dumb. I know. I felt bad writing that there. But it's not. But people seem like they don't know what to do when a smile is given to them. Here is a clue.....you smile back.  It's not hard, I'm not asking you fireman carry a baby kangaroo. I'm just smiling. That is all. 

Another reason to smile is... Your a dad with SWAG! 





No comments:

Post a Comment